Hi! My name is James. I am a Freshman here at UAF majoring in political science. My passions are politics, law, and public policy, and I hope to go to law school after I get my bachelor’s degree.
I’m originally from Texas, but I became an Alaska transplant when I was 13 years old when I moved from Dallas to Anchorage. In Anchorage, I attended Chugiak High School, where I participated in student government and was elected my class’s Graduation Speaker (the speech, admittedly, was not great). Here at UAF, I work to make a positive impact on the campus and serve in a variety of positions held by the Vice President and participate in various clubs across campus. I love helping out the campus and its students in ASUAF and look forward to being a Nanook for years to come.
Vice Presidential Powers
Article III Section 2: The Vice-President shall assist the President in all duties of the President, as directed by the President
- Chair of the Elections board (unless running in election)
- Chair of the Club Council
- Member of Governance Coordination Council
- Member of the CTC Student Advisory Council
- Member of the Government Relations Council
- Chair of the Student Commencement Speaker Committee
What can the Vice President do for you?
- Help students navigate clubs and other student services
- Assist students who would like to get more involved through elections or other means
- Answer questions about club funding and affairs
- Voice student concerns to UAF administrators
- Nominations for Commencement speaker at graduation
- Answer questions regarding elections (unless running in election)
- Assist in issues relating to the UAF Community & Technical College